Saturday, November 21, 2009

What is Autotune? The voice modification device., now used by most musicans.

From Wikipedia: Auto-Tune is a proprietary audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies. Auto-Tune uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise off-key inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed singers to perform perfectly tuned vocal tracks without the need of singing in tune.

In addition to being used to subtly change pitch, with some settings it can be used as an effect to distort the human voice.

In other words everyone can sing even the tone-deafs.... Thats just nonsense, we're gonna get a generation of musicians who'll create meaningless music... But whose gonna stop them from changing anyone they want to a star...

*Search the alternative.... All hail the fathers of rock and the realms of psychedelic


Explained by: Weild Al Yankovic

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i Card[/url] DS scPost)

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I'm curious as to when we will finally reach the rate of 1 cent to 1 Gigabyte.

I eagerly await the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 terabyte hard disk, lol. But for now I guess I will be content with having a 32 gigabyte Micro SD in my R4i.

(Submitted by S3 for R4i Nintendo DS.)